Effective immediately, the Consulate would not be accepting application for the renewal of passports. All nationals are urged to apply for the Machine Readable Passport as soon as possible. Please refer to the section to apply for a New Guyana Passport.
Should you have an emergency, kindly contact the office as soon as possible for advise and assistance.
APPLYING FOR A NEW GUYANA PASSPORT
Guyana's overseas missions have commenced the issuance of Machine Readable Passport (MRP), effective immediately. All Machine Readable Passports are issued in Guyana.
The processing time is approximately twelve (12) weeks.
Generally, you are required to have a passport with at least 6 months validity in addition to the time that you plan to spend outside of Canada.
It must be noted that the Machine Readable Passports are NOT RENEWABLE. You may apply to replace your passport ten (10) months before it expires.
What is the process for applying for the MRP?
Fill out an If you are unable to download the form, forms can be uplifted from the Guyana Consulate.
The applicant must present himself/herself personally at the Consulate when submitting the application or uplifting the passport.
No authorization to drop off or pick up the passport is acceptable.
a) Children applying under the age of eighteen (18) years must be accompanied by both parents who are required to sign. Parents and/or guardians are required to bing their passport. In the absence of a parent, consent must be given by the absent parent in the form of a notarized affidavit. Other guardians are required to present documents proving their legal canadian passport photo guidelines guardianship. Only original documents are accepted.
b) Applicant signatures: Sign in the rectangular box located in the upper right of page (2). Do not exceed or touch the borders. Also pages (3) section 6. Signatures must be consistent.
c) Persons residing out of the Provience of Ontario, are kindly asked to contact the Consulate in regards to passport requirements.
d) Change of name/s cannot be effected in the MRP. Applicants would need to apply for a new passport in the desired name/s.
What documents are needed? (ONLY ORIGINALS ARE ACCEPTED)
1. An accurately completed application form.
2. An original Birth Certificate together with (if applicable):▪ Registered Deed Poll
▪ Change of Name Certificate
▪Certificate of Descent
▪Naturalization or Registration Certificate
▪Husband's Birth Certificate
▪Affidavit of Identity
▪Decree Absolute Certificate
▪Certificate of Adoption
3. The previous passport
4. Cost:.00 Cdn. Payable in Cash or Money Order made payable to the Consulate General of Guyana
5. Two (2) colored passport size photographs. (SPECIFICATIONS: No larger than 45x35 mm, No smaller than 32x26 mm) and must have been taken within the last 6 months. The studio must stamp the date and "I certify that this is a true likeness of... on the back of one (1) photograph.
Requirements for Passport Pictures
All passport pictures must pass the following guidelines before being accepted.
▪ Dimensions of the finished photo are correct(minimum 32x26mm, maximum 45x35mm).
▪ Clarity and contrast are correct, proper exposure (no washout).
▪ No shadows or glare from improper lighting, glasses or jewellery.
▪ Background is plain white (no colour or shadows).
▪ Neutral expression (No smile, open mouth or frown).
▪ Both photos are identical
▪ No head piece or hair covering (with the exception of those worn for religious purposes & only if the full  facial features are clearly visible).
▪ No sunglasses.
▪ Eyes, Ears, Full Facial Features are clearly visible.
▪ Photos are stamped with photographer stamp and dated.
▪ Studs/Earring/s not accepted on male applicants pictures.
▪ Stamp and date must be legible (not smeared).
▪ No glare/shine.
▪ Must be fully/properly dressed.
▪ On reverse side of one (1) photo the recommender is to write name of applicant and sign.
Persons Accepted as Recommenders:
The Recommender must be professionally known to the applicant and can be a Guyanese or Canadian Citizen practicing or working in Canada. Below are some examples of recommenders:
Certified Accountant (with Business Card or License No.)
Business Manager/Human Resources Manager
Doctor/Dentist/Registered Nurse (Reg.#)
Imam/Pandit/Priest (with Lic# or Business Card/Office Stamp)
Lawyer/Notary Public/Justice of Peace
Pharmacist (with Lic#)
Professional Engineer (with Lic# or Business Card)
Police Officer (with Badge#)
School Principal (with Office Stamp/Card)
University/College Professor(with Office Stamp/Card)
- Section (7) of the application form must be completed and signed by the Recommender;
- The Recommender must know the applicant for at least two (2) years;
- The Recommender is required to endorse the reverse side of one (1) photograph with the words: "I certify that this is a true likeness of..." and add his or her signature.
- The Recommender must place his/her Official Stamp/Business Card and phone number on the application form.
Guideline for Lost or Damaged Passports:
Applicant is required to submit a notarized affidavit stating the circumstances how the passport was damaged, in addition to all of the above stated requirements for a MRP.
a) Applicant's must present their original Birth Certificate.
b) Applicant is required to report the loss to the nearest police station as soon as possible and obtain a copy of the report.
c) Submit an orginal notarized affidavit stating the circumstances how the passport was lost.
d) Completed application form with all necessary requirements as stated for the MRP.
The cost to replace a damaged/lost passport is 5.00 Cdn. Cash or Money Order made payable to the Consulate General of Guyana.
Please contact us for more details :
Consulate General of Guyana,
505 Consumers Road, Suite 206,
Willowdale, Ontario M2J 4V8
Mon - Thurs. 9 AM - 4.30 PM
Fri. 9 AM - 4 PM
Tel: (416) 494 - 6040 / 6059
Fax: (416) 494 - 1530
Wedding photographers in duluth mn
Photos of christchurch new zealand
Exam cover photos for fb
Saskatchewan grain elevators photos
Goo goo dolls photos
Katrina kaif teenage photos
Accident death photos on road
Photos of dave navarro